Monday 23 March 2009

Hello All :)
Ok first things first i have to immediately and deeply apologise for completely forgetting about our really important Sunday meeting:( It was really stupid and careless of me, and I'm kicking myself very hard now cos i was so looking forward to helping! :( I really hope all you guys didn't mind too much... and thank you for getting everything done anyway :) lol
And i promise to really make sure i remember about all future meetings, and also make sure i can attend if at all possible. :)
I just called Sarah up a few minutes ago, when i realised I'd forgotten, and apologised to her loads, and she told me about your meeting and it sounds like it went really well! :)
I really look forward to meeting all the new council members you chose, and i love the idea of a camping weekend or something similar! I LOVE camping... and it would also be such a great way to get to know each other and make plans/exchange ideas. :)
I had one other thought for if we decided to prepare a stall for this Spring Watch thing... it's true that it would probably be better to have a stall that wasn't just leaflets and photos, so how about as well as an opinion poll type thing, and whatever else we came up with too, maybe some kind of simple workshop type thing, with someone teaching how to mimic bird calls... or recognise hoof prints or signs of burrowing, that sort of thing. :) i don't know if it could actually work, cos we'd need to find someone to actually teach, but it might be a good idea to help with extending the range of people who'd get interested!
Could that work? Is it too hard to arrange?
Anyway, apart from that... Oh yes! Ali, Sarah mentioned something about wanting one or some of us to prepare a presentation type thing for the new members, about the wildlife trust or the youth council (not sure which she meant!). I just wanted to say I'd be happy to help with something like that :) ... but if you wanted to do it by yourself or with someone else, no worries :) lol
Peace Out and see you all soonish!
Leah :)
p.s. Soz for writing such a long entry again. :( hope no one minds! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments from anyone wishing to join in our discussion or give feedback or ideas to Youth Council members.