Monday 16 February 2009

It's almost Spring

On this lovely spring - like day I think having 'Springtime' as the theme for our first meeting with the new Youth Council is a great idea. It fits really nicely with Wildlife Gardening and Living Landscapes too as it's a time when so much is happening in terms of Wildlife. There's a really big garden at our new house and a big kitchen window which looks out on it which I'm very happy about - I've already put some feed out for the birds and am going to do some more work this week over half term. We have an injured fox which hangs out on top of the shed and he was sun bathing at the weekend. I'l try and post a picture sometime when my camera is fixed.
Leia I agree with you on Living Landscapes - the idea is still a bit fluffy in my own head so I'm not very good at explaining it. I've asked Laura Brook who is a Conservation Officer at the WIldlife Trust to come to our first meeting. She knows loads about conservation in Sussex but also about the new Wildlife Gardening Project and Living Landscapes.
Thanks to you all for putting so much work into displaying the posters - that's really great, and Ali, well done in gaining a place on the BSES expedition.
Leia - I understand what you mean about the name, I was just seeing it from someone elses point of view after talking to Henri about it.
Sure I'll have more to add later.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments from anyone wishing to join in our discussion or give feedback or ideas to Youth Council members.