Monday 9 February 2009

Busy bee

Greetings all
Apologies for not posting for so long - I was busy moving house in the snow, and then had problems with the internet at our new place.
Ali - I hope your exams all went fine - you must be happy now they're all finished.
Leah - thanks for all your work on the name and logo. I was chatting to Henri in the kitchen about it at lunchtime and she wasn't sure about it - it made me see that without an explanation it might confuse people. What do you all feel about putting it on hold until we have our new members and then trying again to come up with something? It seems a shame to settle on something that's not perfect for the sake of having a name. I don't know what the rest of you think about this though?
I was also, like Leah, thinking about a topic for discussion here and couldn't get past Living Landscapes because I think that is a really interesting idea and something which I think the Youth Council could be involved in promoting. Sussex Wildlife Trust is probably going to use Wildlife Gardening as a way to promote the Living Landscape and I wondered what you all thought about getting involved in that. How could we involve young people in it - gardening has the unfortunate stigma of being an old persons activity.
Also, do any of you have any ideas of a theme for our first meeting with the new members? There are some Council members and Trust staff who would be keen to attend as guest speakers if we wanted them to.
Ciao for now
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments from anyone wishing to join in our discussion or give feedback or ideas to Youth Council members.